MESSAGE FROM RIGHT TO REMAIN (MAY 2022) – PLEASE NOTE THAT WE ARE NO LONGER TAKING ORDERS FOR PAPER COPIES OF OUR TOOLKIT. THANK YOU!
We are delighted to announce that we can once again post out the book version of the Right to Remain Toolkit, our self-help and solidarity guide to the immigration and asylum system, has arrived!
A huge amount of work has gone into this latest edition, which was possible through your donations and the generosity of the Lush Charity Pot grant. Thank you!
Eight years, five editions of the Toolkit.
We’re so grateful for the help, support and feedback we’ve had over the years. It’s been quite a journey.
We wish it wasn’t needed, but is, more than ever.
What’s new in this 2020 edition?
In this edition, there’s:
- a new colour scheme (important)
- new images (including this diagram of the hearing room, pictured below)
- new sections, including “If You Have Children” and “Long Residence”
- Rewritten and/or redesigned sections, including “Asylum Screening Interview”; “Family Members”; and “Human Rights
- additions and amendments in response to changes in the legal process and procedures. Some of these are even positive! For example, childcare being provided for asylum substantive interviews in some circumstances, and the new Home Office policy to automatically audio-record the interview
- improvements based on our constant learning and suggestions from users.
SUPPORT OUR WORK
On reaching the UK, people face a hostile environment. Without help, many will be forcibly sent back to the wars, persecution and misery they have fled.
Your donation will help us to help people in their struggle for the right to remain in the UK, and to campaign for migration justiceDONATE TO RIGHT TO REMAIN