Restrictive rules are keeping refugee families apart. Join the campaign to bring #FamiliesTogether.
Tomorrow, Friday 16 March 2018, MPs will be able to attend a debate in Parliament and vote to allow refugees in the UK to be joined by their close family. We need at least 100 MPs to attend and vote to allow refugees in the UK to be joined by their families. Check the list of those attending here – make sure that your MP is one of them.
How you can help:
1. Take action. Write to your MP to ask them to attend and support the Second Reading of the Refugees (Family Reunion) (No.2) Bill. And ask others to do the same.
2. Attend the debate. If you are an MP, please attend and support the Second Reading of the Refugees (Family Reunion) (No. 2) Bill on 16 March and vote to allow refugees in the UK to be joined by their close family.
3. Spread the word. Tell your supporters, colleagues and networks about Families Together by sharing this website or these resources with the hashtag #FamiliesTogether. You can use the social media campaign toolkit – including suggested posts and images.
The FamiliesTogether campaign is calling for:
1. Child refugees in the UK to have the right to sponsor their close family so they can rebuild their lives together and help them integrate in their new community
2. The definition of who qualifies as family to be expanded so that young people who have turned 18 and elderly parents can live in safety with their families in the UK
3. The reintroduction of legal aid so refugees who have lost everything have the support they need to afford and navigate the complicated process of being reunited with their families.
SUPPORT OUR WORK
On reaching the UK, people face a hostile environment. Without help, many will be forcibly sent back to the wars, persecution and misery they have fled.
Your donation will help us to help people in their struggle for the right to remain in the UK, and to campaign for migration justiceDONATE TO RIGHT TO REMAIN